Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Celebrating the Archangels

I found (from my favorite blog) some great ideas to celebrate Michaelmas, but unfortunately, was completely unprepared when the date rolled around.  Such the saga of life!  But wouldn't you know that God would take care of it!  Hubby came home with Entenmann's Devil's Food Donuts that were on sale!  Perfect timing!  So the girls woke to a yummy breakfast of donuts and blackberries. 


Terrible picture.  I took it early in the morning before there was much light and it didn't turn out at all!

The girls were surprised by the breakfast choices, as we normally don't have sugar-y foods in the mornings (especially on school days).  It threw Birdie off so much that she didn't even want a donut!  Whose child is that??!!  She opted for a hard-boiled egg, which, oddly enough, was very fitting as well (and much easier to stab with the cheap plastic swords that we had sticking in the devil's food donuts).  And I can say that the blackberries did not go over well at all.  I couldn't find fresh, so I purchased some frozen and drenched them in sugar.  Both of the girls were certain Lucifer had spit on them! I believe Birdie's exact word was "disgusting".  Well...I suppose the point was made even if breakfast didn't get eaten.

We had a bit better time in the evening with a cool poster in honor of the three Archangels.  The coloring pages came from the only source I ever use.  The girls really enjoyed them and since there were so many, Mommy and Daddy even got involved.  It was a fun coloring night!












Bug chose to paste the Prayer of St. Michael in the center of hers, but Birdie (which I learned during this project) took it upon herself in religion class a school to memorize the nine choirs of angels (just for the fun of it!).  She decided to list those on her poster instead.  Very nice!

Then it was off to bed!

St. Michael, Pray for Us!

No comments:

Post a Comment