Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary

It's been a while since I've posted! We've had some busy days with school starting but we did take some time to enjoy the Solemnity of the Assumption of Mary this past Sunday. We chose to go to the Saturday evening Mass, so Sunday morning the work table was ready with a neat craft.

I had some gift boxes from Michael's craft store left over from organizing my classroom, so I found a beautiful picture of heaven-bound Mary on-line that the girls could cut and glue to the inside bottom of the box. They added silver stars around her head and TONS of cotton clouds on the sides around her. We had a coloring sheet of angels at the Nativity, so we used a few of those as well.








They turned out so cute, we still have them sitting on the kitchen table, but I think the neatest part for me when Birdie (mind you...almost in junior high...) said, "I love doing stuff like this!" Smile!

Then we ended the day right as well! This is a Little Debbie strawberry shortcake roll (too bad they don't make blueberry shortcake roll!) with piles (and I do mean piles) of whipped cream and blue sprinkles.












Birdie and Bug had the perfect jobs. Birdie loves whipped cream and Bug loves things to have sprinkles. They each made sure the shortcake had its share of both...and boy did it! YUM!



Oh Mary, conceived without sin,
Pray for us who have recourse to thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment